Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 1

Week one at R.N.Shah is over.

Last Maths class today.  Even though the division problems bombed dramatically, I can't begin to get back to teaching it again!

The week has been eventful to say the least.  My very own classroom - The Incredibles and my very own twenty four children.  The first class I guess is meant to be special and it sure is.

As we make our way through the gullies of budhwar peth everyday, I'm somehow am not overwhelmed by the area, the circumstances or even the stories I hear.  I guess TFI drills the achievement gap so into your head that when you actually see it, it doesn't stun you.  I've been waiting all week for it to hit me.  I don't know if it was the excitement of teaching maths or the sleep deprived days but I'm still waiting...

I don't know whether it's a good thing or not.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not emotionally connecting, that I'm still in some way, detached from it all.

I remember going to this orphanage in Noida, years ago.  I came back home and cried for hours grappling with what fate/ destiny really meant.

Maybe I've just grown up.

No comments: