Saturday, June 09, 2012

The TFI Way...

It's just been two days.  Just forty eight hours.  But it already feels like a lifetime of learning.

I can't believe I got to Pune just yesterday!

My first day as a TFI fellow.

I've planned to put as much down on this blog, about this experience, as possible.  I don't want to eventually forget stuff.

Today entailed a visit to a small community in Pune and connecting with a child.  I've always felt that I get along well with kids, but the hour or so I spent with Shifa made me rethink that notion.  It also taught me, more importantly, the importance of high expectations.  I'd set a goal of talking to her.  And that's what I decided was going to happen.

I've felt the importance of expectations before but never really in such a manner.  Maybe never even felt so good when I did achieve my goal.  When she held my hand as we fielded together during cricket or when she giggled on the thought of Bodyguard, my heart really did soar.

Such happy feelings.

The second part of the day was the opening ceremony.  I found it weird that everybody keeps talking of and using the word "magical".  But honestly, it really was.  Meeting alumni, current fellows and the little students being taught by TFI fellows was just incredible!

It was an awesome day.

Looking forward to an even better tomorrow :)

No comments: