Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Transformational Teaching

Day 4

After the first few initial days, we got to discuss teaching today.  Transformational teaching.

But what was most striking about that session was the video of Ms Johnson's pre kindergarten class.  She was teaching her children bar graphs! 

I had taught pictographs as my sample teaching for the TFI interview and really pondered over how to break it down to explain to children in class IV.  And here was somebody who was able to demonstrate the concept to a bunch of three year olds.

Just made me realize, albeit again, that nothing is impossible.

2 comments:

A said...

I'm glad you are writing all of it down. And I want to tell you that I'm enjoying reading all of it :)

Is Ms. Johnson's class video available for viewing?

Ghazal said...

:) :)

I'll see if I can find it:)