Monday, June 11, 2012

Life Maps

Day 3.

The last two days, though surreal, have been super fabulous.  Today's second session was one that I am struggling with.

To share in a circle of trust events/ people/ places that shaped you as a person.  To hear the stories and feel the emotions.  Every story is special and so is every struggle and challenge.

As the activity progressed, there were so many things that started coming to my mind.  I guess when you view your life in such a way, you suddenly see all the lessons learnt and the challenges faced all together.  The whole exercise I think overwehmed me a little bit, maybe because emotions were running high and we were all talking of things close to our hearts and sharing out there without any inhibitions.  It made a little too emotional even though I'd promised myself to avoid doing that.

But I guess that's what the last few days have taught me.  It's ok to be down and out sometimes.  Just need to know that there is no need to wallow in self pity.

I will pick myself up tomorrow and stay positive.

Because tomorrow really is a brand new day.

No comments: