Thursday, January 26, 2012

Remember when

They say people always remember exactly where they were when something significant/ life changing happened.  The exact place and time, what they were wearing, what day it was, the weather and what not.

Watching Federer play Nadal in the semi finals today, I realized that I seemed to remember almost every thursday of the third week of January for the last six years.  That's almost every Australian Open semi final Federer has played.  I remember the dejection and the jubilation.  That heart breaking semi final against Safin or the white wash of Roddick a couple of years ago.  I remember each such afternoon.  It's like we've shared this day, every year for so many years.

I've loved and followed Federer through each of those, with tears and shrieks of joy of course.  He may have lost today but I know there's at least one more grand slam out there to win! 

Here's to you Roger for being an inspiration and a true hero. 

See you at the French!

No comments: