Monday, January 23, 2012

What a life - Part II

Forty odd years they were married.  And just like that, he's gone, leaving her behind.  The sadness doesn't leave her eyes.  It's like she's in a different world, unaware of conversation around her.  The house feels empty without him, like he's just around the corner, tinkering away in the store or fixing a light in the bathroom and that a moment later he's going to walk in the room.

But he's gone. 

I can't imagine what she feels.  The empty bed.  The empty house.  The empty chair at the dining table.  The empty whiskey glass.

It was a painful two years.  Looking at old photos suddenly reminds me of how weak he'd become.  It was freedom from the pain, it was what everyone was praying for.  Yet I can't come to terms with it.  Tears still fill my eyes when I see his photo in their room.  A man loved and respected by all. 

Here's to you Air Commodore OP Sharma, a true Air Warrior.  

I know you're out there watching over me. 

I miss you.

No comments: