Monday, February 18, 2008

Of friends and some more..

Do friendships have an expiry date? Can you ever stop being friends with some one you've known forever? Or can you ever stop and stay at being "just friends"?

I've learnt a lot from friends, especially over the last few years. So many of these people I dont talk to anymore. There haven't been any fights or betrayals just silent withdrawls.

Should I be feeling a sense of obligation towards them? Should I be making an effort or should I just say a mental thank you and move on. Staying forcibly in these relations that have once been can ruin all the beautiful memories I plan to cherish.

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry tries to end his friendship with Joel. He was only friends with him beacause of the ping pong table :)

Can you actually break up with friends?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Even I wonder whats the answer to that question.Is it possible to go back to being 'just friends' once you have been 'close friends' with them once?

Vivek Bijlwan said...

feel! and you will find an answer yourself.
Once a friendship is born , then don't let the brain intervene.