Sunday, February 25, 2007

A WEEKEND NOT TO REMEMBER

Normally the thought of the weekend bring huge amount of solace to my mind but this last weekend has been nothing short of a disaster .

FRIDAY:

Out of the three days this was the best! Even though it was a holiday (courtesy mass bunk from college) I had to get up at 7(courtesy my mum's school bus).

It wasnt much of a day. I practically did NOTHING the entire day.

SATURDAY:

Started of as a nice ,bright ,sunny morning. I had a great lunch (oredered in from Subway).

I am a HUGE movie buff( movie ever weekend is included in my staple diet). Thus, my parents and I decide to go and see " The Departed"(Dont ask me why I havent seen it as yet!) at the Pacific Mall, Kaushambi.

As a result I had to give up my afternoon nap(also on my staple diet) to go and see the movie. We reach there well in time for the show.

I still havent seen the movie because apparently the newspapers had the schedule wrong!

The movie hall is having an Oscar festival and they show one nominated movie a day and Departed was on Friday(Damn!)

Cresstfallen my parents decide to explore the mall. Apart from being movie freaks we are also shopping addicts.

And the journey begins from one store to another till we decide that we have exercised enough to reward ourselves with some food. This brings us to this massive food court in the mall.

After dinner the shopping expedition begins and finally ends when all the stores start to display their"closed" signs.

With great satisfaction we returned home to find out that one of our shopping packets/treasures was missing!

I still havent figured out where that packet went.

SUNDAY

Mum & Dad decide to finally see Blood Diamond and after confirming the show land up at Wave for the 11 a.m show.

God wasnt on our side as the projector refuses to work leaving my parents crestfallen yet again.

Thus, they are offered seats for "Flags of oour Father" and a refund. Even though my dad is a huge Clint Eastwood fan, you really cant enjoy a movie if you miss the beginning.

The prospect of a wedding reception at IIC brightened our evening and all of us got ready to enjoy the free food!

We're half way to the venue when my Dad realises that he had left the wedding gift on the stairs outside our flat ( at which point i am thinkingg of my Blog post titile)

And, the groom was thus given only flowers.

But as a consolation the food turned out to be quite good.

No comments: