Thursday, May 09, 2013

Aadat.

I am some one who likes routine.  Sometimes I crave it.  Other times I realize my dependence on it.

Breakfast at six thirty.  School at seven thirty.  Lunch at ten thirty.  Maths at eleven.  Movie on Saturday.  PT Period at nine.  Hemant Kumar on the radio.  Seelampur at least once a week.  Saturday Night ISD.  Planning Sundays.  Afternoon naps.  Guddu online in the evenings.  G Talk at 8 30 pm.  Dinner at nine. 

My whole life suddenly feels like a plan.  Complicated at that. 

Onset of summer has completely thrown me off. 

I've been wondering what it is for the last couple of days.  Sometimes I feel the kids too miss the routine.  I do too.  I need the comfort of the known.  I know the obsession isn't healthy.  Also not something I want for myself.

I'd like to be free.  To experiment.  To do random stuff more often that once. 

But here I am.  Hemant Kumar on loop (this just HAS to stop).  A million copies on my bed.  A to - do list that needs to be long but I've been lazy enough for it to stay empty. 

I have ambitious plans for the summer.  Most of which seem doomed at the rate I'm going.  Hopefully things should look up soon.  Two days and then chutti! 

2 comments:

Raman Bahl said...

I am still going to be online in the evenings!! :D :D :D :D

Raman Bahl said...

Everything will get better! :)