Friday, August 12, 2011

Roger Federer

This blog has been alive for close to four years and I've never ever written a single post completely dedicated to Him.

I'd planned to write this post right after the French Open final but then I figured I'd wait till Wimbledon. That obviously didn't go too well.

So this one is right after his thirtieth birthday.

Happy birthday Roger.

With this birthday, a deadline I've hung on to since I was fifteen also expired. I spent most of school/ college nursing the ambition of someday being his wife.

"When I'll be 22, he'll only be 29"

*sigh*

But yes we've come a long way. I don't remember the first time I saw him play. Originally he was the other Swiss for me. But after a while I just couldn't take Hingis getting slaughtered by the Williams' on a regular basis.

And then the obsession began.

I've cried after many a Grand Slam heart breaks, stolen Sports Stars from the library (thank you Krishanu!), changed the channel every time he lost a point, got back a bundle of newspapers in German from Switzerland after he won the French Open and insisted on buying the men's vogue because he was on the cover.

I love his story and he really has been an inspiration all these years. Things haven't gone so well this year but I love the fact that he refuses to believe he hasn't got it in him anymore. I believe him.

Here's to the Olympics and Wimbledon 2012.

2 comments:

Vivek Bijlwan said...

about him or about you ?

;)

Shrey said...

That may be THE CUTEST thing I have ever read! :)

-Shrey